INSPECTION WINDOW / INSPECTION PLUG
Moisture in insulation systems leads to deterioration of insulation and corrosion of vessel or pipe, thus causing major problems.
Inspection of insulation and vessel on a regular base is essential to prolong lifetime of system.
Often the metal jacketing is damaged during maintenance jobs when piping is climbed over or stood on, disrupting the water-seal of the jacketing. Cutting an opening in the jacketing and sealing again with tape is not a durable solution and can cause many problems.
The best way to inspect for corrosion under insulation (C.U.I.) in a non-destructive way, is the Inspection Window comes with V.I.P. Vessel Inspection plug, available in Three standard types 2in, 3in and 5in. The Inspection window with V.I.P. also provides possibility for electronically measuring thickness of pipe/vessel walls.
Cost Saving Benefits of the V.I.P. Inspection Plug
- Helps to prevent Corrosion under Insulation (C.U.I.)
- The V.I.P. makes non-destructive inspection economical
- Reduces inspection costs and time
- Provides ready access for inspection with minimum exposure to vessel insulation
- High visibility and provides a consistent inspection point ensuring future inspections are taken at same location
- Maintains a weather-tight seal to protect insulation
- Reduces inspection costs/ time
- High temperature silicone plug provides long service life
- Inspection points can be bar coded for data log entry.
Installing the Inspection Window with the V.I.P.
- Cut hole through insulation jacket with hole-saw to correspond with plug-size to be installed.
- Remove insulation and clean external surface.
- Insert the Jacketing Sleeve into the hole and secure with self tapping screw and apply Silicon sealant around the external of sleeve.
- Insert the Insulation infill in correspondence of the original insulation thickness and materials insert Inspection Plug into hole to cover insulation.
- Make sure plug is fully seated by depressing centre of plug firmly with thumb or fingers.
- Plug is now correctly installed and ready for periodic vessel inspection operation.
- Sizes 2”, 3" and 5”
- Plug material Std. MTL 40
- Durometer silicone rubber
- Temp. range -60ºC. tot 260ºC
- Std. Colour : Red
- Eyelet Material: SS304